Sunday 30 March 2014

ICE CREAM SUNDAY



Sunday's are amazing aren't they. It's the day I look forward to the most. I love lying in bed late reading the
Sunday papers and listening to my iPod. Absolute bliss.


It's also another day where I pull in the diet reigns and treat myself to more scrummy puddings. Now if like me you spent Saturday baking up a storm and for some reason you haven't demolished your bakes - you can stick your head in the fridge and dive straight in with no hassle what so ever.

I get jittery kitchen fingers if I'm not making something on a day off work however so to add to my yummy chocolate fudge cake I'm going to show you how to whip up a raspberry ice cream that is so easy it doesn't really warrant this recipe:




 

 Raspberry Ice Cream;

125g Frozen Raspberries
560g Greek Yogurt
4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract




  1. Throw all the ingredients into an ice cream machine and churn for 30mins until the mixture has thickened up
  2. Transfer the churned mixture to a freezable tub and freeze. Take out every 30minutes and mix with a fork until an ice cream texture is achieved

Simples! 

You can of course swap the raspberries for any frozen fruit and the Greek yogurt gives the ice cream a nice smooth,creamy texture as well as being low(er) in calories. The chucks of frozen berries give you a yummy burst of fruity flavor which works really well with the fudginess of my chocolate cake.


Go on! Treat yourself. It's Sunday after all!



*This post is dedicated to my mum - who I'd love to be sharing cake and ice cream with today x


No comments:

Post a Comment